West Indies have announced their squad for ICC Men's World Cup

West Indies have announced their squad for ICC Men’s World Cup. There are two debutants in the squad who were included in the world cup they are Raymon Reifer and Yannic Cariah. The big names like Andre Russel, Keiron Pollard have not been included.

“We have selected a mixture of youth and experience to represent the West Indies," said CWI Lead Selector Desmond Haynes. "In the selection process, we have been cognizant of the ongoing CPL and we have been looking at the players who have been playing very well.

"I said at the beginning of my tenure that I would be interested in giving players the opportunity and I think I have been consistent in doing that. I believe it is a very good team we have selected, and it is a team that will compete, given that we have to qualify from Round 1 into the Super12s.”

Squad:
Nicholas Pooran (c), Rovman Powell, Yannic Cariah, Johnson Charles, Sheldon Cottrell, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Evin Lewis, Kyle Mayers, Obed Mccoy, Raymon Reifer, Odean Smith.

2 Likes

That decision to bring in Evin Lewis could play them a huge advantage and if the players perform consistently then, they can try to make it into the finals.

1 Like

Many of their senior players were not available for selection. Even Sunil Narine is performing well but they didn’t prefer due to conflict between players and the board.