Three players has been added to the ICC Hall of Fame

Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Charlotte Edwards and Abdul Qadir have been inducted into ICC’s Hall of Fame. The trio will be honoured ahead of the first semi-final of the T20 World Cup at the SCG.

Chanderpaul will be the 107th inductee on the list, Charlotte Edwards will be the 108th inductee and Abdul Qadir will be the 109th inductee on the list.

“It’s a massive honour to be included in the ICC Hall of Fame alongside the very illustrious company that has already been inducted,” Edwards said. “I’d like to thank and share this moment with my family and friends, my teammates and all of the coaches that have supported me throughout.”

“On behalf of the family, I want to say thank you very much to the ICC for nominating my father for induction into the Hall of Fame,” Usman, Abdul Qadir’s son, said. “It is a very big honour for the family to hear of this news, we see it as a huge achievement, and one that my father would be very proud of if he was still with us today.” Abdul Qadir died on September 6, 2019.

(source: Cricinfo)

2 Likes