Ross Taylor opened about the racism in New Zealand dressing room!

Ross Taylor has alleged that he has faced racism in New Zealand Cricket dressing room in his autobiography Ross Taylor Black & White, he mentioned “Cricket in New Zealand is a pretty white sport” .“For much of my career, I’ve been an anomaly, a brown face in a vanilla line-up. That has its challenges, many of which aren’t readily apparent to your teammates or the cricketing public. Given that the Polynesian community is dramatically under-represented in the game, it’s probably no surprise that people sometimes assume I’m Maori or Indian.”

An NZC spokesperson told the New Zealand Herald: “NZC deplores racism, is a staunch supporter of the NZ Human Rights Commission’s ‘Give Nothing to Racism’ campaign, and is deeply disappointed Ross has been exposed to this type of behaviour. We’ll definitely reach out to Ross to discuss the matter.”

2 Likes

I wait to see what comes out of this. I hope all these conversations will result in pushing the society towards a more open and accepting environment. Ross Taylor, we :heart: you.

2 Likes