Pakistan vs England Live Updates - 6th T20I - Lahore - Match Thread

Today, 8:00 PM
Pakistan vs England, 6th T20I
England tour of Pakistan

Click here to view squads, players to watch out for, head-to-head in the last 5 matches between these 2 teams and more @espncricinfo :

2 Likes

After keeping wicket as a substitute fielder in the last match, Mohammad Haris will make his full T20I debut for Pakistan tonight

1 Like

Blow to Pakistan as Naseem Shah tests positive for COVID-19 and out of England T20Is. Do you think Pakistan can win the remaining games and win the series without Nadeem Shah?

Aamer Jamal about the conversation with Babar Azam before the final over heroic performance in the 5th T20I

“Babar came to me and said, no worries, you’ll do it. Only you can. You’ve bowled the last two-three deliveries well, so you’ll bowl the next ones well also. That gave me confidence and I saw the over through”

https://twitter.com/therealpcb/status/1575820500055515143?s=46&t=vX13hRCLf0GuUOUJifkeUA

England won the toss and chose to field first!

Game six!

Mohammad Rizwan has been rested with Mohammad Haris making his T20 debut for Pakistan; Dahani comes in for Rauf. Topley and Gleeson replace Woakes and Wood in England’s XI

Here are the playing XI’s:

Pakistan: 1 Babar Azam (capt), 2 Mohammad Haris (wk), 3 Shan Masood, 4 Haider Ali, 5 Iftikhar Ahmed, 6 Asif Ali, 7 Mohammad Nawaz, 8 Shadab Khan, 9 Aamer Jamal, 10 Shahnawaz Dahani, 11 Mohammad Wasim

England: 1 Phil Salt (wk), 2 Alex Hales, 3 Dawid Malan, 4 Ben Duckett, 5 Harry Brook, 6 Moeen Ali (capt), 7 Sam Curran, 8 David Willey, 9 Adil Rashid, 10 Reece Topley, 11 Richard Gleeson

Pakistan have given the maiden T20I cap to Muhammad Haris ahead of this match.
Watch - https://twitter.com/therealpcb/status/1575850499215351808?s=46&t=vX13hRCLf0GuUOUJifkeUA

I think today with the absence of Mohammad Rizwan, everyone will come to know how valuable he is. Especially who were saying he plays for himself, not for the team and the strike rate is low etc. Pakistan has already lost 2 wickets within 4 overs.

Babar Azam completed his 3000 runs in T20I in 86 innings.

At this rate England will win before 17th over :smiley:

We have seen a chasing masterclass from England and especially from Philip Salt at Lahore! England batters have been absolutely amazing with the bat and have chased down 170 runs with 33 balls to spare. England have levelled the 7 match series (3-3) in style with 8-wicket win with 1 more game to go in this entertaining series so far!