Mohammed Shami or Avesh Khan who is your pick?

Should BCCI have considered Mohammed Shami over Avesh Khan for this Asia Cup 2022? Recently BCCI announced their 15-member squad for the upcoming Asia cup which is going to be held in UAE. In the recently announced squad fans have expressed their disappointment over the selection of Avesh khan over Mohammed Shami.

Even Harsha Bhogle couldn’t agree with the thoughts of BCCI completely over the omission of Mohammed Shami.

The former opener of Indian cricket team Akash Chopra has also expressed his disappointment over the selection of the squad by BCCI he has said “I think if it was a race between Avesh Khan and Mohammad Shami, I will go with Mohammed Shami with my eyes closed. Nothing against Avesh, but I feel that Shami should have been given a chance with the new ball in the absence of a Jasprit Bumrah,” He also questioned the decision to pick Ravi Bishnoi over Kuldeep Yadav. “I have nothing against Ravi Bishnoi, but why not Kuldeep Yadav,” he asked.

What do the records say? Is Shami better than Avesh khan or is it another way around?

Let’s look at the IPL 2022 records of Mohammed Shami and Avesh Khan.

This will be a big test for Avesh Khan he has to justify his selection in the upcoming series. With all due respect to the selection panel, we wish the Indian team all the best for the future.

3 Likes

I would’ve gone for Shami any day because of his experience and that experience will be a deal breaker in the death overs especially when India is defending a total. Avesh Khan was terrible in the death overs in the recently concluded T20I series against West Indies.

2 Likes

Yeah Shami seemed an easy winner between the two. Wonder if they want him to be fresher for T20WC?

2 Likes

Maybe! Since Bumrah will most probably miss the T20 WC