James Hildreth to retire

The Somerset batsman James Hildreth who represented the club for 20 years set to retire. He has said “It feels like the right time to start a new chapter in my life and I’m excited about what the future holds,” Hildreth said. "I left school at 18 and have spent the last 20 years with the club. It’s been my life and I’ve loved every minute of it.

"The club and cricket as a whole has given myself and my family so much over the last 20 years, and I’ve got nothing but fondness and love for the club and that will continue for the rest of my life. I’m looking forward to being a Somerset supporter and to coming down to watch the guys with my family and my children.

“The thing I’ll miss most is the pride that you feel when you pull on that shirt to represent the club and the whole of the south west. The Somerset members and supporters have been incredible to me. They’ve always been so supportive, and I’ve always felt that, whether that’s walking through town or being out on the pitch. I’d like to thank them for their support over the years, and hopefully I’ve managed to bring a little bit of enjoyment into their lives with what I’ve done on the pitch.”

James Hildreth stats:

(source: Cricinfo)

2 Likes