India vs South Africa Live Updates - 3rd T20I - Match Thread

Today, 7:00 PM
India vs South Africa, 3rd T20I
South Africa tour of India

Click here to view squads, players to watch out, head-to-head in the last 5 matches between these 2 teams, and more @espncricinfo :

2 Likes

Temba Bavuma: “This is our last opportunity to get things right before the T20 World Cup in Australia.”

2 Likes

Temba Bavuma: “Pretorius comes in place of Nortje who is rested.”

Temba Bavuma: “I’m certainly etching to get back into form. Hopefully, I can get into the middle of the bat tonight.”

India won the toss and chose to field first

Playing XI’s:

India: Rohit Sharma (capt), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Harshal Patel, Deepak Chahar, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj

South Africa: Temba Bavuma (capt), Quinton de Kock (wk), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi

2 Likes

Maiden T20I century for Rilee Rossouw

2 Likes

Rilee Rossouw’s 48-ball hundred powers South Africa to 227/3 in 20 overs.

Can India chase this down?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Highest T20I totals vs India

245/6 by WI Lauderhill 2016
227/3 by SA Indore 2022*
221/3 by SA Guwahati 2022
221/5 by Ire Dublin 2022

2 Likes

Brilliant umpiring from Virender Sharma in this game so far

2 Likes

Previous game too. Even in the last game commentator was saying he is having hawk-eye :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, This call for a one short from Virender Sharma definitely deserved that Hawk-Eye nickname :grinning:

2 Likes

Most T20I ducks by Indians:

10 - Rohit Sharma
5 - KL Rahul
4 - Virat Kohli

1 Like

50th T20I wicket for Lungi Ngidi.

1 Like

DK Show at Indore :fire: What an over this is for India

1 Like

DK & Surya can pull this off if they stay in the crease for another 6 overs

Quick stats: Most sixes hit by South Africa in a T20I innings

17 vs ENG (2009), Centurion
16 vs IND (2022), Indore
15 vs ENG (2020), Durban
14 vs IND (2022), Delhi

DK is bowled after trying to play a reverse sweep/scoop. 46 off just 21 balls

Unwanted shot at the wrong time :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Match Summary: A consolation win for South Africa but a morale boosting one before the T20I World Cup. The century from Rilee Rossouw set it up the victory for :south_africa: early on. That saw South Africa end with a massive score of 227 and then their bowlers came to the fore. They kept picking wickets consistently despite going for runs which just made it difficult for South African bowlers to finish the game pretty early but eventually they’ve won it by 49 runs but lost the series 1-2 to the hosts :india:

1 Like