Australia vs West Indies Live Updates - 1st T20I - Match Thread

Today, 1:40 PM
West Indies vs Australia, 1st T20I
West Indies tour of Australia

Click here to view squads, players to watch out, head-to-head in the last 5 matches between these 2 teams, and more @espncricinfo :

1 Like

Australia won the toss and chose to field first

Playing XI’s:

Australia: 1 David Warner, 2 Cameron Green, 3 Mitchell Marsh, 4 Aaron Finch, 5 Glenn Maxwell, 6 Tim David, 7 Matthew Wade (wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazlewood

West Indies : 1 Brandon King, 2 Kyle Mayers, 3 Johnson Charles, 4 Nicholas Pooran (capt & wk), 5 Rovman Powell, 6 Jason Holder, 7 Odean Smith, 8 Raymon Reifer, 9 Yannic Cariah, 10 Alzarri Joseph, 11 Sheldon Cottrell

1 Like

West Indies are good so far 5 overs 47/1.

1 Like

Outstanding six from Kyle Mayers

Watch: https://twitter.com/cricketcomau/status/1577577772293099520?s=46&t=3RvU1DdvCs0YhrtqEC6Hfg

2 Likes

From 47/1 in 5 overs to 115/7 in 17.1 overs. West Indies’ middle order should support their team in order to win the matches.

2 Likes

@baymax56 David Warner & Cameron Green opens :wink: You remember our conversation :smiley:

1 Like

So Warner and Green opening partnership. I think this is gonna be a hugely successful opening pair.

2 Likes

Well it didn’t succeed today. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, That’s going to be an interesting opening pair for the upcoming T20I World Cup. They have the capability to score 60+ runs in each powerplay

1 Like

Shaun Marsh is out too!! :scream::scream: Sheldon Cottrell is on fire!! :clap:t5:

Australia is in deep trouble.

1 Like

Mitchell Marsh not Shaun Marsh :smiley:

1 Like

Oops sorry. Mix up. There are too many Marshes :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

50 up for Aaron Finch.

2 Likes

7 off 5 balls. Can Australia able to pull this off?

1 Like

That’s a Costly drop from Reifer :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

“Finisher” Wade has pull it off once again for Australia

1 Like

AUSTRALIA WIN! Two off the penultimate delivery to seal the match.

WI 145/9 (20)
AUS 146/7 (19.5); win by 3 wickets

1 Like

Things could have been so different had Raymon Reifer taken that catch on the second ball of the last over. However, that chance was not taken and it is yet again, Wade, who’s the hero for Australia. Another excellent knock from him under pressure and he has ensured Australia take a 1-0 lead in this series.

1 Like