Australia squad for West Indies tour

Cameron Green has been retained in Australia’s T20I squad for the two matches against West Indies in Queensland next week. Sean Abbott and Daniel Sams, who were also part of the India tour, have been retained for the West Indies matches.

Australia squad for West Indies T20Is : Aaron Finch, Sean Abbott, Pat Cummins, Tim David, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Daniel Sams, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a headache for Australian coaches to find the opening & Middle-order combination since Warner is back!

Warner and Finch Opening and Green will play down the order maybe after Steve Smith.

But he won’t be effective as opening for them. For me Finch should come down at No.3 and Warner and Green should open. Steve smith at No 4, Maxi & David at No 5 & 6, Wade at No 7 would be an ideal choice. Green is having a great form at that spot and they should keep him at that position. Finch is an versatile player and he can bat at No.3.

Green is like that freestyle player at the opening position whose main responsibility to swing the bay and use the Powerplay very well and if something goes wrong and if he gets out then Finch and Warner can play their normal game.

Then Warner has to play quite a calm game if Green is expected to go big in power play. But with his power, he can play the game in his own way at any position I believe.